Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Meet our 2017 Summer Intern: William Dunkley


We are excited to have four interns join us this year. They will be an important part of several special projects this summer. We'll feature each one here, so you can get to know them. Please welcome them to the team!

Name: William Dunkley

Hometown: Westford, VT

College or University and area of study: I attend the University of Vermont and am studying Forestry.

How did you hear about Yankee Farm Credit? I heard about Yankee’s internship through a faculty coordinator at UVM. I also know people in the community who worked with Yankee and my father has had loans with Yankee to finance his sugaring operation.

What Branch Location and department are you working in? I’m working in St. Albans in the appraisal department. Specifically I’m helping the department develop their forest appraisal program.

What do you hope to get out of your internship that you may not get from a traditional classroom? Understanding how the skills we are taught in the classroom are applied in the real world is invaluable. I hope this internship can help me direct my next two years of study so that I can learn the skills that employers are really looking for. I also hope to learn a lot about appraisal and expand my general understanding of agricultural economy in our region.

Plans for after graduation? I plan to continue sugaring with my dad and eventually start my own business.